Avocado and PitasPrint Pin Rate
- 2 medium avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- Preheat oven to “broil hi” setting.
- Peel and pit avocado. Scoop the flesh out and mash with a fork. Sprinkle with salt if desired, and mix thoroughly.
- Cut pitas into small triangles (a pizza cutter works great). Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and bake 2-5 minutes until crispy. Watch closely so they do not burn!
- Serve pita “chips” with the mashed avocado for dipping.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie