It’s no secret that we love dessert at our house. In fact, I often have to stop myself from posting an unhealthy and unbalanced amount of dessert recipes. But wow, this Apple Banana Stew Recipe In Cinnamon Sauce just had to be shared. In fact, my fingers are still sticky from licking the plate clean (my keyboard is already a mess anyway )
This treat is pretty much cooked apples and bananas in a warm cinnamon honey sauce. Need I say more? I bet you already have most of the ingredients to make this for dessert tonight!
This recipe was adapted from All You Magazine. Their recipe included butter, and ice cream, and omitted the bananas, and corn starch.
Apple Banana Stew in Cinnamon Sauce
- Mix water and corn starch together until corn starch is dissolved.
- In skillet, pour water/corn starch, lemon juice, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Turn skillet on medium until sauce begins to warm and blend.
- Add chopped apples and bananas and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Scoop apple/ bananas into a bowl or hollowed out apples.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie