If you are looking for a dessert pizza recipe that will still have some nutrition, this is the one for you.
But back to the pizza! Adding apples to dessert pizza is a great way to get a bit more fiber, even though you are eating dessert. And after all, fruit makes the best desserts any way. So, we started with your standard pizza crust. You can purchase a pre-made pizza crust, but it’s my opinion making your own is actually quite easy! We use this recipe for pizza crust. This time when we made it, I obviously used all white flour, but we’ve also used all whole wheat flour as well. Then, we completely cooked the crust!
- 2 medium apple
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 Whole Crust whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/8 cup, sliced ALMONDS
- 1/8 cup cranberries, dried
- Chop apples into chunks.
- Mix 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and almond extract together. Spread over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle apple chunks, dried cranberries, and sliced almonds over almond butter spread.
- Mix remaining almond butter and 1/3 cup maple syrup together. Add more maple syrup if it isn’t runny enough to drizzle. once runny, drizzle over apples.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie