20+ Healthy Slow Cooker Dinners
Put that slow cooker to good use! Browse our roundup of some of the web’s best recipes to find new healthy slow cooker recipes that nourish your family and taste fantastic.
When the weather turns cool and schedules start to feel especially constrained by work, school, and extracurricular activities, we turn to our trusty slow cooker for help with dinner. How about you?
Slow cooker ruts are a real thing, though. If you’ve made that same beef stew a hundred times and you can actually see your family’s eyes glaze over when you haul out the Crock Pot, you know what I’m talking about. But worry not! We’ve collected 20+ of the web’s best healthy slow cooker recipes to bring some fresh ideas to your slow cooker season.
This roundup is divided into categories so you can easily find the ones that appeal to you most. You’ll see “chicken” first, then “vegetarian,” followed by “soups,” and finally “beef and pork.”
ALL the meals provide balanced nutrition you can feel god about serving your family. ‘Cause that’s what we do! Check them out and find something new to try for dinner tonight.
Healthy Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
Chicken turns fork-tender in your slow cooker. Try these hearty, high-protein recipes that are packed with flavor and ready when you walk in the door.
- Slow Cooker Arroz con Pollo from The Lemon Bowl
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Chicken from Real Whole Food Life
- Crockpot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad from Dinner Now, Dessert Later
- Slow Cooker Chicken Coconut Curry from Super Healthy Kids
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken from One Lovely Life
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos from Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Quinoa Sloppy Joes from The Recipe Rebel
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
Many think “meat” when they think of their slow cookers. But your gadget can turn out light, tasty, and healthy vegetarian meals too. Try these plant-based recipes for a make-ahead meatless dinner.
- Slow Cooker Lentil Tacos from The Natural Nurturer.
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Lettuce Wraps from My Fussy Eater.
- Spinach and Feta Crock Pot Lasagna from Diethood.
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili from Happy Food, Healthy Life.
- Slow Cooker Barley and Chickpea Risotto from Foxes Love Lemons.
Healthy Slow Cooker Soup and Chili Recipes
These comforting bowls of goodness complement the cooler months just right. Try these slow cooker soup and chili recipes that are rich and filling (but not loaded with cream!)
- Crockpot Sweet Potato and Quinoa Turkey Chili from Iowa Girl Eats.
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup with Maple Roasted Chickpeas from Two Peas and Their Pod.
- Lightened and Loaded Slow Cooker Potato Soup from Feel Great in 8.
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Vegetable Soup from Super Healthy Kids.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup from Peas and Crayons.
- Skinny Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup from Mom Endeavors.
Healthy Slow Cooker Beef and Pork Recipes
Satisfy the meat lovers in your family, even when you can’t be home to cook. These slow cooker beef and pork recipes include veggies (and even fruits!) to make dinner balanced and nourishing.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with easy Dried Fruit Sauce from Super Healthy Kids.
- Crockpot Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa from Super Healthy Kids.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew from Damn Delicious.
- Crock Pot Roast with Vegetables from Yummy Healthy Easy.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie
Not one of these look at all kid friendly!!
Hi Heather, thanks for touching base. Helping kids learn to eat the family’s food can take real effort and perseverance, but it’s part of our mission and we stand by it! In time, kids will learn to accept and enjoy foods like the ones in this post. But it’s OK if you look at these recipes and think “my kids would never eat that” … I promise we’ve all been there!
Here’s our ultimate guide to encouraging healthy eating in kids, which includes some of our favorite recipes and strategies for helping picky eaters branch out. Keep on keepin’ on! https://www.superhealthykids.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-encourage-healthy-eating/