When it comes to eating healthfully, most people wonder where sweets fit in. Whether your family prefers dessert after dinner or an afternoon treat, or for special occasions, sweets can be part of a balanced diet as long as you pay attention to portion sizes and choose healthier treats the majority of the time. These 15 healthy chocolate desserts are just the ticket to satisfy that sweet tooth while providing nutrition and healthy whole food ingredients.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Healthy Black Bean Chocolate Protein Truffles by Ambitious Kitchen
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Pudding by Happy Healthy Life
- Double Chocolate Banana Cake by Super Healthy Kids
- Salted Chocolate Frozen Banana Bites by Gimme Some Oven
- Chocolate Zucchini Sprinkle Bundt Cake by Super Healthy Kids
- Instant Chocolate Almond Ice cream by Super Healthy Kids
- Life Changing Avocado Brownies by Jelli Bean Journals
- Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes by Super Healthy Kids
- Healthy Melt In Your Mouth Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by Boys Ahoy
- No Bake French Silk Pie by Blissful Basil
- Thick and Creamy Chocolate Mousse by Super Healthy Kids
- Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Healthy Chocolate Donuts by Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Health Almond Joy Bites by My Real Food Family
- Thick Homemade Chocolate Sauce by Crazy for Crust
These are a fun treat for kids but also are a protein source!
This creamy, rich, chocolate pudding may look sinfully sweet – but it is actually quite good for you. Rich in protein, antioxidants from raw cacao powder and fiber. Don’t just call this a luscious vegan dessert, you can totally call this a healthy snack or even breakfast! No-Cook method – just blend and serve.
This lightened up chocolate cake has no oil, uses bananas and applesauce to keep it moist, and has just the right amount of chocolate to make it feel like an indulgent treat. No frosting required!
Chocolate dipped frozen banana skewers make a killer snack (and dessert!) for both kids and grown-ups. Make a large batch with the kids and keep a stash in the freezer.
Eating vegetables has never tasted so good! This Chocolate Zucchini Sprinkle Bundt Cake is stuffed with sweetness, veggies and has “Thank you Mom!” written all over it!
This version of instant ice cream is decadent and can be whipped together in moments from your stash of frozen bananas.
These brownies are rich, fudgy, delicious, and just so happen to be healthier than most brownies.
Although this is a sweet treat, these cupcakes provide fiber and protein, too! With the frosting definitely a decadent treat, without can be a healthy muffin!
It literally melts in your mouth ? It’s made with just a few ingredients and only takes a few minutes to make and you HAVE to try it!
Cloud-like pillows of coconut whipped cream sprinkled with shaved dark chocolate and nestled atop a bed of rich chocolate mousse. Just 5 whole food ingredients stand between you and this dreamy vegan french silk pie.
Melt in your mouth chocolately mousse that is as smooth as butter without butter!
These 6 ingredient Flourless Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies are so good, you won’t miss the butter and flour!
Soft, moist cake donuts with a double-delight of chocolate. These donuts are baked, rather than fried, and are ready in only a few minutes!
If you like Almond Joy candy bars, you’re going to love this recipe! They’ve got all the coconut-y goodness of the candy bar but without all the processed ingredients.
It’s super chocolatey, like a melted brownie, but pourable. Perfect for over ice cream or for making an iced coffee or chocolate milk to keep you cool on the hot days of summer.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie