Our Halloween Banana Pops are a hauntingly delicious twist on a classic treat, perfect for Halloween festivities.
Halloween Banana Pops
Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s time to prepare for all the spooky fun and delicious treats that come with it. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to the usual sugary Halloween candies, we’ve got the perfect solution for you – Halloween Banana Yogurt Pops! These ghoulishly good treats are not only a hit with kids but are also a fantastic way to add some nutritious ingredients into their festive celebrations.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Halloween Banana Pops?
- Medium Bananas – ripe but not too ripe
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Shredded coconut
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Halloween Banana Pops
- Gather Your Supplies: Before you begin, make sure you have all the ingredients and equipment ready. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the Bananas: Start by peeling the ripe bananas. You can use whole bananas or cut them in half to create smaller popsicles. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana, making sure it’s securely positioned but not poking through the other end. Put in the freezer for about 15 minutes. This helps the popsicle stick to stay secured in the banana, and makes dipping them easier.
- Yogurt Mixture:In a bowl, combine Greek yogurt with honey or maple syrup if you want a sweeter flavor. The sweetness is optional, as the natural sugars in the bananas are usually sweet enough if you use ripe bananas. Mix until you have a smooth and creamy yogurt mixture.
- Dip the Bananas: Take each banana on a stick and dip it into the yogurt mixture. You can use a spoon to help coat the banana evenly. Allow any excess yogurt to drip back into the bowl or cup.
- Add Halloween Decorations: While the yogurt is still wet, add any decorations you want. You can sprinkle shredded coconut, melt the chocolate chips and pipe on eyes and a mouth for a ghost, and also pipe on greek yogurt for a mummy.
- Freeze: Place the yogurt-coated bananas on the prepared parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Make sure they are evenly spaced to avoid sticking together. Put them in the freezer.
- Freezing Time: Let the banana pops freeze for at least 2-4 hours or until they are completely solid. To maintain their freshness, it’s a good idea to cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once the Halloween Banana Yogurt Pops are frozen solid, take them out of the freezer. Gently remove them from the parchment paper. They are now ready to be enjoyed!
Why Choose Halloween Banana Yogurt Pops?
Now that we’ve got your taste buds tingling, let’s talk about why you should consider making these Halloween Banana Yogurt Pops.
- Lots of Nutrition: This treat is packed with essential nutrients. Bananas provide potassium and fiber, Greek yogurt offers protein and probiotics, while honey or maple syrup adds natural sweetness.
- Spooky Fun for All Ages: Whether you’re a kid or a grown-up, there’s something undeniably fun about Halloween-themed food. These pops are a perfect addition to your Halloween party or a simple family activity.
- Customizable: You can get as creative as you want with the decorations. Let your imagination run wild, and create popsicles that are truly unique.
- Healthier Alternative: When compared to traditional Halloween treats, these pops are a much healthier choice. You can satisfy your sweet tooth without all the sugar.
Tips for Making Halloween Banana Pops
- You can get creative with your Halloween decorations, using items like crushed Oreo cookies for a “dirt” effect, gummy worms, candy eyes, or Halloween-themed sprinkles.
- Experiment with different flavors of yogurt for variety. Vanilla, strawberry, or even chocolate yogurt can add unique tastes to your banana pops.
- Keep the banana pops stored in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them to prevent melting.
These Halloween Banana Yogurt Pops are a nutritious, fun, and spooktacular treat that’s perfect for Halloween parties, kids’ snacks, or just enjoying during the Halloween season. Enjoy!
More of Our Favorite Halloween Treats
Halloween Banana Pops
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by peeling the ripe bananas. You can use whole bananas or cut them in half to create smaller popsicles. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana, making sure it's securely positioned but not poking through the other end. Put in the freezer for about 15 minutes. This helps the popsicle stick to stay secured in the banana, and makes dipping them easier.
- Spoon the yogurt into a small cup or container that is narrow but taller. Remove the pops from the freezer and hold onto the popsicle stick and dip each banana in the yogurt to cover it. Lay the pop back on the baking sheet.
- While the yogurt is still wet, add any decorations you want. You can sprinkle shredded coconut or also pipe on greek yogurt for a mummy.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour into a ziplock bag and cut one corner. Pipe eyes and a mouth onto the bananas. Place back in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Let the banana pops freeze for at least 2-4 hours or until they are completely solid. To maintain their freshness, it's a good idea to cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Once the Halloween Banana Yogurt Pops are frozen solid, take them out of the freezer. Gently remove them from the parchment paper. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie