Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Party Food: Fruit Sushi
Whether you are having your own little summer party with an Asian Flare, or just want to make something fun for an afternoon snack, this fruit sushi can fit the bill. I saw this idea in our June issue of our church's children's magazine! The only problem they had was they didn't have pictures! As soon as I read it, I decided it would be perfect for letter-S week!
We've got two ideas here:
- Cut chunks of cantaloupe
- Cucumber: Use vegetable peeler to peel long thin slices
- Wrap cucumber slices around cantaloupe and secure with toothpick.
- Sprinkle with coconut (their ideas was sprinkles, but I didn't have any)
- Slice bananas into chunks
- Use fruit leather (the kind you find in the produce section, where they don't add any sugar, or make your own)
- Wrap fruit leather around banana
- Sprinkle with coconut
- If you are looking to get organized this summer, my sister just finished a workbook to get organized in 20 days! It's awesome!