Breakfast burrito bites- Healthy breakfast idea for healthy kids!
Some mornings your kids just need a little something small, right? These mini breakfast burritos are perfect for those kids who don’t like to eat breakfast, yet you want to get a little healthy food in their bellies. Eating breakfast can help prevent those moody fits caused by low blood sugar. (and what I mean by moody is being 10 and crying because you miss a stuffed animal you lost over 4 years ago).
So, the concept is easy enough. We
- sauteed some peppers.
- Cooked an egg.
- Rolled it in a whole wheat tortilla
- And cut cross-ways like sushi.
- 3 tablespoon chopped bell peppers
- 1 tsp. olive oil, or spray pan with non stick cooking spray
- 3 eggs (whipped slightly in a bowl)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (8 inch) Whole wheat tortillas
Cook peppers with oil or cooking spray. Remove peppers from pan. Whisk eggs and water together. Cook egg/water mixture over hot skillet, without scrambling them. Move egg inward to cook although through, and flip, so you have a large “fried egg”. Cut in half. Place one egg on each tortilla. Add peppers to the center of your tortilla and roll up.
We love peppers! Did you know:
- 1 cup of bell peppers have 300% of the RDA for vitamin C- vitamin C is perfect for immune support.
- 1 cup of bell peppers have 100% of the RDA for Vitamin A
- They are high in fiber, and kids today need more fiber. Kids should eat 5 grams of fiber plus their age. So, a 4 year old would want at least 9 grams of fiber in a day.
This is a great recipe to start your kids day, so they can have some of those peppers!
We also love this breakfast because of the eggs! One egg has 300mcg of choline which is vital for developing brains! Plus, eggs are a great source of protein, offering all the essential amino acids your kids need to grow.
Breakfast Burrito Bites