- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 2 medium russet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 slice (4″ dia x 1/8″ thick) sausage links
- 3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup CREAM, FLUID, HALF AND HALF
- 1/2 tsp, leaves OREGANO, DRIED
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Rinse kale and tear into small bite-size pieces; and set it aside.
- Wash and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. In a medium pot. boil sliced potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic together until onions are soft.
- In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage. Drain as much as the fat as you can. Stir in oregano, sauteed onions and garlic, chicken broth, and half-and-half.
- Give it a taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add the potatoes, a splash of heavy cream for richness, then stir in the kale. Add additional chicken broth if needed. Simmer an additional 10-15 minutes, then serve with salt and pepper.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 191mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g