- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 2 medium russet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 slice (4″ dia x 1/8″ thick) sausage links
- 3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup CREAM, FLUID, HALF AND HALF
- 1/2 tsp, leaves OREGANO, DRIED
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Rinse kale and tear into small bite-size pieces; and set it aside.
- Wash and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. In a medium pot. boil sliced potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic together until onions are soft.
- In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage. Drain as much as the fat as you can. Stir in oregano, sauteed onions and garlic, chicken broth, and half-and-half.
- Give it a taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add the potatoes, a splash of heavy cream for richness, then stir in the kale. Add additional chicken broth if needed. Simmer an additional 10-15 minutes, then serve with salt and pepper.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 191mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie