- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add minced shallots, cook 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Add orzo and toss together to coat. Add a dash each of salt and pepper, then the white wine. Allow to boil and allow to evaporate.
- Add stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing to evaporate almost completely, before adding more. Keeping the heat at medium-high, the liquid should be there, but not a lot.
- At about 10 minutes after adding the orzo, test it to see if it is tender, but with texture, not mushy.
- Add butter and add some parmesan, allow to melt. The remaining may be used as a garnish. Set aside, cover to keep warm. Steam broccoli, then add to orzo.
- Serve warm, topped with a squeeze of lemon and freshly chopped tomato. Sliced pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie