Wild Rice & Mushrooms
Savory, nutrient-dense wild rice pairs with mushroom and fresh herbs in this healthy and homey vegetarian dish.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup wild rice, raw
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1/8 cup parsley, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook your wild rice according to package directions.
- Chop all your veggies. In a skillet, melt butter and add veggies. Cook until veggies begin to soften.
- Add seasonings and cook a few more minutes.
- Lastly, add your cooked wild rice. Add enough salt and pepper to your preference.