- Turn on your tap water until you have very warm water. Add 1 cup very warm water to your stand up mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top.
- Let the yeast sit for about five minutes or until it gets bubbly.
- Mix in sugar then eggs, oil, milk, and salt.
- Put in your wheat flour then one cup of white. Add the other cup of white if the dough is still sticky. (If you prefer a whiter roll, you could do 2-4 cups wheat instead and the rest white flour. You can also add an optional 1/4 cup flax seeds at this point.)
- Dough should stick to your hand but not pull away like bubble gum.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place for about an hour or until double in size.
- Shape into desired form. about 24 rosettes or balls on cookie sheets or 3 loaves of bread. If doing bread, spray the bread pans before putting dough back in.
- Let rise in a warm place again. Begin to preheat the oven 375 degrees after the dough has been sitting for about 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls about 15 minutes and bread 20-25 or until golden brown.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie