Vegetarian Nachos GrandePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 C bean mix, 1 oz chips, 0.25 oz cheese, 1/2 cup watermelon
- 1 medium onion
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 3 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 ounce tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 cup watermelon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Dice onion into small pieces. Drain and rinse chickpeas and beans; set aside separately.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and saute the chickpeas, onion, and spices together.
- When onions begin to sweat, add black beans, corn, and salsa. Continue to cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread tortilla chips on a baking sheet and layer with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While nachos bake, chop tomatoes into small bite-size pieces.
- When the onion and bean mixture is thoroughly warmed, spread on top of the baked chips; then, layer with tomatoes.
- Serve with sliced watermelon on the side.
Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 1270mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 19g