Bell peppers are sweet, crunchy and provide lots of Vitamins C, A and B. We love them in so many different dishes. They are yummy cooked and raw, chopped, whole, and dipped! They also made the perfect crunchy veggie to substitute for a tortilla chip!When we make nachos we usually don’t have them as a main dish. But this Quinoa Stuffed Mini Bell Nachos Recipe is so filling you can have them as a meat-free main dish! We also love them as a hearty appetizer for a party.
We started by slicing our peppers in half and scooping out the seeds. Lay them on a parchment lined baking tray.
We cooked our quinoa using this method. Then we added taco seasoning and stuffed our peppers with the taco quinoa. Sprinkle the rest of your toppings over the top – we used chopped tomatoes, olives, green onion, cilantro and cheddar cheese.
Pop them in the oven on broil and bake just for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. Pull them out of the oven and top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and salsa.
Then eat them up! I loved how crunchy and sweet the bell pepper combines with the savory quinoa. We try to eat meatless meal at least a few times a week and this is one of our favorites. For a lot more meatless meal ideas, check out our meal plan subscription!
Quinoa Stuffed Mini Bell Nachos Recipe
- Rinse peppers, slice in half and scoop seeds out.
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat liner.
- To cook quinoa, use this method.
- When cooked, fluff with a fork and add taco seasoning.
- Stuff each pepper with quinoa.
- Sprinkle desired toppings on the stuffed peppers.
- Place in the oven heated to Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and salsa on each nacho.
- Serve warm.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie