Servings: 8 servings
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 4 stalk green onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 ounce manicotti pasta, dry
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 large egg white
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a rectangular baking dish 11×7 inches with cooking spray.
- Shred carrot and zucchini (1/2 cup each). Slice mushrooms and green onions. Mince garlic.
- Cook and drain 8 manicotti shells as directed on package (omit salt).
- Pour 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce into baking dish. While manicotti is cooking, heat oil 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese.
- Fill manicotti shells with vegetable mixture; place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie