- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread olive oil on the bottom of a heavy oven-proof skillet or baking pan; set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs in a medium-size bowl and add the milk; stir to combine. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg, minced garlic, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the breadcrumb mixture, then stir to blend.
- Add the ground turkey and use your hands to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
- Shape the meat mixture into balls by level 1/4-cup fulls. This should yield about 12 meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs in the prepared skillet so that they don’t touch each other, then bake for 35 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the skillet, using a spoon to cover each of the meatballs with some of the sauce (to keep them from drying out). Continue baking another 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place one meatball on the bottom half of a roll, then add spinach and a dollop of sauce. Cover with the top of the roll and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve sliders with fruit on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie