Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1 12 pack Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked diced small
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple crushed or fresh diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced small
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the entire package of rolls in half all at once, separating the tops from the bottoms. Place the bottom layer of rolls into the prepared baking pan, cut side up.
- In a large bowl, add the diced chicken, bbq sauce, diced pineapple, diced red onion, and cilantro. Mix to combine everything.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the rolls. Spread the chicken mixture over the top of the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese. Finish by place the other half of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, pineapple juice and garlic powder. Brush over the top of the rolls.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown, and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into individual sliders and serve warm. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie