- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup spinach
- 10 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread olive oil on the bottom of a heavy oven-proof skillet or baking pan; set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs in a medium-size bowl and add the milk; stir to combine. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg, minced garlic, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the breadcrumb mixture, then stir to blend.
- Add the ground turkey and use your hands to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
- Shape the meat mixture into balls by level 1/4-cup fulls. This should yield about 12 meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs in the prepared skillet so that they don’t touch each other, then bake for 35 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the skillet, using a spoon to cover each of the meatballs with some of the sauce (to keep them from drying out). Continue baking another 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place one meatball on the bottom half of a roll, then add spinach and a dollop of sauce. Cover with the top of the roll and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve sliders with fruit on the side.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 807mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g