Turkey and Roasted Pear Panini
- 2 cup shredded lettuce, green leaf
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup, chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoon feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, then scoop out the core and seeds. Place cut side down on a work surface.
- Starting ½ inch from the stem (leaving the pear intact at the stem end), cut lengthwise into thin slices; press the pear gently so slices spread out like a fan.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle pears with the honey mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove stems from the pears and separate into slices.
- Preheat panini press or heat a skillet over medium.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with mustard; layer with turkey, cheese, pears, and spinach; and add remaining slices of bread.
- Place the sandwiches in a panini press or skillet (place a heavy pan on top if using a skillet) until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Make salad by adding lettuce, blackberries, walnuts, and feta cheese to a large bowl. Add your favorite dressing and toss together.
- Serve paninis with salad on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie