Peanut butter and jelly have moved to breakfast in these lightly sweetened, protein packed muffins! These will become your new favorite way to enjoy this popular combo.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place liners into muffin pans.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, oil, peanut butter, and vanilla; blend well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs; pour into the peanut butter mixture and blend well.
- Add half the flour mixture and half the milk into the creamed mixture; gently mix. Add remaining flour and milk and mix again until blended; avoid over mixing.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/4 way with batter. Add a dollop of jelly, then fill to 3/4 full with batter. Should make approximately 1 1/2 dozen muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie