- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cut each block of tofu in half. Place each half in 2 clean paper towels one at a time and gently press and squeeze to remove excess liquid (without breaking up the tofu).
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes and pan fry on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Gently stir and cook until all the water has evaporated and the tofu is lightly golden brown on most sides (be sure not to burn the tofu). If you find that the tofu is sticking to the pan, add a little more oil.
- While the tofu is cookinge, thinly slice the bell peppers.
- Remove tofu from pan. Wipe pan with a wet paper towel and then heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add sliced bell peppers and saute until slightly tender.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking all the sauce ingredients in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Once the bell peppers are done, add the pan-fried tofu back into the pan. Keep the heat on low-medium.
- Add in the prepared sauce and toss with the peppers and tofu. Add the chili sauce, if desired.
- Stir slowly on low heat until the sauce starts to thicken and coat the peppers and tofu.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Toss once more and serve hot over brown rice with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie