Instant Pot Thai Chicken
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 medium mango
- Select the saute setting on your instant pot and add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on either side to seal in their juices. Turn off the instant pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the sweet red chili sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, lime juice, sriracha, and peanut butter (if desired) together.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and stir to combine.
- Add the rice and chicken broth to the Instant Pot; seal the lid.
- Select the manual pressure setting (high) and set the timer to 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and then mix with the rice before serving.
- Lightly chop cilantro; shred zucchini and carrots; and chop peanuts. Serve chicken and rice topped with cilantro, veggies and peanuts; with mango on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie