White Fish with Avocado Mango Salsa
- Zest and juice lime into a small dish with minced garlic, coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk together. Add fish and allow to marinate for one hour.
- Place a foil or parchment-covered baking tray inside oven and preheat to 425°F. (This helps get the bread crumbs crispy.)
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside covered, once finished.
- Beat egg in shallow bowl and add breadcrumbs to a separate dish.
- Remove fish, reserving the marinade, and dip it first into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Spray the top of each piece of fish with cooking spray to help it brown.
- Transfer to the hot baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- While the fish is baking, strain the sauce into a small skillet or saucepan and bring to a rolling boil for 2 full minutes (this will kill any bacteria left behind by the raw fish).
- After the sauce has boiled, thin it out with water and/or extra lime juice to taste.
- Meanwhile, chop mango, bell pepper, red onion, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno (optional). Add to a mixing bowl with the lemon and lime juice; toss well. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the fish over a bed of rice, topped with sauce and salsa.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie