- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 medium banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large egg
- 1/8 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork and heat oil just until melted (be careful not to over-heat).
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, and banana.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Evenly distribute batter into muffin cups.
- Combine the coconut and walnuts in a small bowl, then sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie