- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 medium banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large egg
- 1/8 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork and heat oil just until melted (be careful not to over-heat).
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, and banana.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Evenly distribute batter into muffin cups.
- Combine the coconut and walnuts in a small bowl, then sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 51mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g