Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup bulgur, dry
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 stalk green onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 8 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon mint, fresh
- 8 medium apricot
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes, or until the wheat has doubled in size. Drain well and press out as much liquid as possible. Spread out on paper towels to dry.
- Place bulgur in a serving bowl.
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together in a small mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the lemon mixture over the bulgur and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Finely chop the green onions. Peel and dice carrot. Dice the pepper and cucumber. Toss these ingredients into the bowl with bulgur.
- Slice open tomatoes and remove the seeds before dicing. Chop olives, parsley and mint leaves. Add to the bulgur.
- Gently toss everything together. Serve with apricots.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 222mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie