- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoon mint, fresh
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cup grapes
- 4 stick string cheese
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop parsley and mint; cut tomatoes in half, dice onion, and mince garlic. Add these ingredients, along with the olive oil, juice from the lemon, salt, and pepper, to a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooled quinoa to the veggie mixture, and toss to combine.
- Serve over a bed of spinach (or chop and stir into the mixture as well), and top with sliced avocado.
- Serve with grapes and string cheese on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie