- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup vinegar, cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup water
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, chop bell peppers and onion, mince garlic; set aside separately.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons corn starch and cold water until corn starch is dissolved; set aside. In a small saucepan, whisk together onion powder, ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and honey; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add corn starch mixture to saucepan and stir continually until thickened.
- Place shrimp and remaining 3 tablespoons corn starch into a ziplock bag; seal and shake to coat. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on high. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is pink, turning shrimp over once. Add sauce to skillet and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve shrimp and pineapple on a bed of rice. May also serve pineapple on the side if desired.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie