One Pot Shrimp and Broccoli
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- In a small bowl, mix together the shrimp and cornstarch. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet and swirl it around, coating the pan. Stir-fry shrimp for 4 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Chop green onions, grate ginger, and mince garlic; add to pan. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and then and to the shrimp on the side.
- Add broth and rice to the pan and bring to boil; chop broccoli and add to the pan once liquid is boiling. Turn heat down, cover, and simmer 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed. If the liquid evaporates too quickly, add a bit of water or more broth 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, and honey, along with the shrimp and onions. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Top each serving with a bit of pineapple, or serve as a side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie