I can’t help but think about tater tots when I think about lunch at my elementary school. I never ate them at home, but remembering eating them at school is so nostalgic for me. Our Sweet Potato Tots Recipe is definitely a made-over much healthier version of a regular fried tater tot. Our tots are crunchy, slightly sweet and packed full of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
While they are baking, whip up this delicious Tangy Apricot dipping sauce.
And scarf. Hopefully your children can have memories of these tots for years to come.
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil sweet potatoes in salted water in a pot for 10-15 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the center.
- Drain and cool.
- Grate the potatoes into a bowl.
- Place the flours, panko and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add egg and whisk.
- Take a small amount of the potato mixture and shape into a tot.
- Roll the tot in whisked egg, then the flour/panko mixture.
- Place onto a sprayed baking sheet and coat evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Mix sauce ingredients together until blended; chill for an hour.
- Allow tots to cool before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie