- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 5 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and strawberries until blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over one side of half the bread slices; top with remaining bread to form sandwiches, then place in a pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over bread then turn each sandwich to coat both sides.
- With a slotted spatula, transfer the sandwiches to a greased baking pan, discarding any remaining egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn and bake 10 minutes more until golden brown.
- While French toast is baking, add the sauce ingredients to a saucepan; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle strawberry sauce over French toast; serve immediately.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 249mg | Sodium: 438mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 21g