- 3 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 1/4 pound chicken breast
- 5 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala spice
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup pineapple
- Peel and dice carrots, thinly slice onion and peppers and mince garlic. Add all to slow cooker.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces and add to slow cooker on top of veggies.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato paste, coconut milk, salt, pepper, curry and garam masala. Pour over chicken and veggies in slow cooker, and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or low for 5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before dinner, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over rice with pineapple on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup rice, 1 cup chicken with veggies, 1/2 cup pineapple)
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 710mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g