- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 4 cup mixed greens
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- Dice onion and mince garlic; set aside separately.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add roast and brown each side. Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon fat from the frying pan and return the pan to medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until just barely golden brown. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes more until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in orange juice and juice from the lime (about 1 1/2 tablespoons worth); bring to a boil. Deglaze the pan by stirring and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Pour this liquid over the pork.
- Add bay leaf and salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- At least 30 minutes before the pork has completed cooking, prepare the rice as directed on the package.
- About 15 minutes before pork is done, assemble the salad.
- Discard the bay leaf. Transfer the pork to a serving dish and slice it. Season the sauce to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon onions, garlic, and sauce over the pork,and serve with salad and brown rice on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie