- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 lb pork roast
- 1 none COOKING SPRAY
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/3 cup vinegar, balsamic
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 medium onion
- 5 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 oz egg noodles
- 4 cup GREEN BEANS, SNAP
- 2 fruit MANGO, FRESH
- Rub paprika, salt, and pepper all over pork. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add pork and sear all sides; approximately 10 minutes. Place into large crock pot.
- Add broth, balsamic vinegar, molasses, and soy sauce to the hot skillet. Bring to a boil while scraping pan to remove the cooked-on brown bits. Pour over pork in crock pot. Slice onion and garlic; add to pork. Cook on low for 6 1/2 hours.
- Remove pork and place onto cutting board, reserving liquid. Shred pork and set aside, along with the cooked onions.
- Skim fat from reserved liquid and discard. Add liquid to skillet and add cider vinegar; bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. (Here is a great tip from Cooking Light: After crock pot liquid has cooled to touch, add to a ziplock bag. Seal it and allow to stand and rest for 10 minutes while the fat rises to the top. While holding upright bag over a skillet, carefully snip off a bottom corner and allow liquid to drain just before the fat layer reaches the bottom. Discard the fat.)
- At this point cook the egg noodles as directed on package and set aside.
- Whisk together the water and corn starch. Gradually add to boiling drippings in skillet; allow to thicken, stirring constantly. Add pork and onions, and stir until combined.
- Place beans in a microwave-safe dish along with a small amount of liquid. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until hot and slightly softened (adjust cooking time according to desired tenderness).
- Serve pork over noodles with beans and mango on the side.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 806mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 30g