The flavor of this slow cooker honey lime pork is out of this world! Mini tacos are so much easier for kids to eat and really easy to make with tortillas you already have!
Why Serving Small Portions to Kids is Helpful
Small portions are helpful when you are feeding your kids for picky eating, reducing food waste, and less mess cleanup.
If your kids are small and you are still dishing their food for them, decide what you think your child will eat. Now give them half that. It might not seem like very much food, but they will ask for more if they want more and you can give them a small serving more. Keep giving them small servings more until they are full.⠀
Does your child do better with small portions?
How to Make Pork Tacos in a Slow Cooker
This recipe really doesn’t take a lot of prep.
- Begin by rubbing your spices on the pork loin. Put it in your slow cooker, and then pour your honey and lime mixture over the top.
- Set it on low for 6-8 hours and forget about it!
- Once it is cooked, shred the pork using two forks and mix with the juices inside the slow cooker.
- To make mini-tortillas, use a round cutter (I used a small-mouth canning lid) and cut circles out of your tortillas. I found uncooked whole wheat tortillas at my local Costco, and they are pretty much to die for! You can use any tortillas for this recipe – we usually like corn tortillas for our tacos, and those work great too! You don’t have to waste the leftover tortillas – use a pastry brush and spread a little honey on each piece and then sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake until slightly crispy and serve as dessert. Yum!
Next you will prepare your toppings. We used shredded cabbage, chopped tomatoes, and cilantro. Every time we have gone out for authentic tacos, they serve them with cucumbers and radishes. So that is what we did for an authentic experience! This meal is perfect for those days when you are running around like crazy and walk in the door with 15 minutes to get dinner on the table. The lime and honey are a perfect combination for a sweet and tangy taco. Combined with fresh veggies and you will create perfection. Enjoy!
Pin This Recipe for Later!
- 3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl combine the cumin and paprika. Rub onto pork loin, and place in slow cooker.
- In another small bowl whisk the honey and lime juice together.
- Pour over pork in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the pork using two forks and mix with the juices inside the slow cooker.
- Using a circle cutter, cut out mini tortillas from a large tortilla. Heat in a pan until warm.
- Spoon the pork into warmed tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.