Shrimp Skewers with Rice
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Slice garlic and add to oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it becomes soft. Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice, pepper, and salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Skewer shrimp and lay onto a foil lined baking sheet. Pour the garlic oil over the shrimp, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but up to 6 hours.
- While marinating, prepare rice as directed on package (wait longer, if you are marinating for a longer period of time).
- Thinly slice onions, peel and cut mango into cubes, and chop cilantro. Mix in a bowl with remaining lime juice and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven (or grill) to 375°F. Once heated, bake shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until pink and firm; watch closely so they do not over-cook. Place onto skewers.
- Serve warm rice topped with shrimp and mango salsa. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie