Flavorful shrimp is seared and flavored with garlic and fresh herbs. Serve it over whole grain quinoa with a side of corn and fresh fruit.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 12 ounce shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 medium corn on the cob
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside covered.
- Add corn to a large pot of water; bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- For the shrimp: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of shrimp at a time. Sear about 15 seconds per side or until shrimp are an orangey color; transfer to a plate. Repeat until all shrimp have been seared, adding more oil as needed.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 teaspoons of oil. Mince garlic and add to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until slightly golden in color and fragrant. Stir in paprika and then shrimp. Slightly reduce heat. Cook 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked (do not walk away at this point, shrimp cook quickly and become firm when over-cooked).
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice.
- Serve shrimp on a bed of quinoa with corn and kiwi slices on the side. (Add butter to corn if desired.)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie