Roasted Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 large egg, yolk
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus and spread out the spears into a single layer in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roll to coat thoroughly. Roast approximately 10 minutes until lightly browned and tender, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolk, lemon juice, and cayenne in a blender. Pulse to combine.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth, frothy sauce. If the sauce is really thick, blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water to loosen it up. Season with additional salt to taste, and serve drizzled over asparagus.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie