Creamy yogurt with fresh fruit in a few fun shapes and patterns makes and easy and fun patriotic breakfast to start your holiday celebrations!
Fruit and Yogurt Bowl
You can make a fruit and yogurt parfait in lots of ways, but serving it in a bowl is an easy way for kids to eat it, and also allows for a fun and creative way to place the fruit.
I prefer Greek yogurt because it is thicker and has more protein. You can use any fruit you like, but strawberries and blueberries are definitely the most festive for 4th of July or Memorial Day!
Healthy Breakfast on Holidays
Holidays are so fun filled with activities, family and friends and lots of celebrations. It is super important for kids to be well fueled so that they can enjoy the day without burning out.
A balanced breakfast should have foods that provide the needed nutrients for kids to keep their energy and mood up! A balance of protein, carbs, and fruit is a great way to give them everything they need. A fruit and yogurt bowl provides protein, carbs, vitamins and minerals and is super versatile.
Use a little creativity in placing the fruit and a fun star cutter and you have a fun, patriotic breakfast with no cooking and just a few minutes of your time!
Ingredients for Patriotic Fruit and Yogurt Bowls
- Yogurt. Greek yogurt is definitely the best in my opinion! You can use plain and the drizzle with a bit of honey, or use vanilla.
- Berries. Fresh strawberries, blueberries and if you can find them blackberries and the perfect combo to make a festive yogurt bowl.
- Bananas. Bananas are sweet and delicious and you can use a small star cutter to make star shapes that go perfect!
- Granola. We love making our own granola. This recipe is my favorite.
More Fun Patriotic Recipes
Patriotic Fruit and Yogurt Bowl
- Spoon yogurt into bowls and spread until smooth.
- Slice bananas into round and then use a star cutter to make star shapes.
- Add blueberries, strawberries, bananas stars in a pattern on top of yogurt. Sprinkles with granola. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie