These crisp and fluffy waffles are made with whole wheat flour and fresh grated zucchini for a healthy breakfast kids love!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle maker to 400°F.
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Use a strainer or dishtowel to then squeeze some of the moisture out of the zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the zucchini and mix well.
- Cook batter in waffle maker. Serve hot.