This delicious high protein Zucchini Mushroom Frittata breakfast is a great way to use up your summer veggies with a super satisfying meal.
Zucchini Mushroom Frittata
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 medium bell pepper red or green
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, white
- 4 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat broiler. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice thin half moon shapes. Slice shallots and dice bell pepper.
- Spray a medium-sized, oven-proof skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Once heated, add zucchini, mushrooms and shallot. Cook until soft; approximately 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs together with milk, in a small mixing bowl. Pour into the skillet with the sautéed vegetables; add oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Continue to cook until the edges begin to crisp. Remove from stovetop and place skillet into oven to broil until the top browns. Remove from oven; cut into squares. Serve warm.