- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 4 medium russet potato
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, fresh
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 1/4 cup shredded veggies, bagged (such as broccoli slaw)
- 4 medium apple
- Toss half the barbecue sauce with chicken and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill or use an indoor grill pan (if using the pan, spray with cooking spray).
- Add chicken to hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side; brush with reserved barbecue sauce at least twice. (Be sure it is no longer pink in the center before removing from heat).
- Meanwhile, peel and slice potatoes. Boil potatoes until they are soft when pierced with a knife. Once finished, drain water. Mash with garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, butter and 2 tablespoons milk (if mixture is not to desired consistency, more milk may added 1 tablespoon at a time). Cover and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons milk, sour cream, yogurt, chopped fresh dill, vinegar, pepper and salt. Cut carrots into matchsticks and add to the dressing along with the slaw blend.
- Serve chicken with potatoes, slaw and apple slices.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie