- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 2 medium orange
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Chop onion, peel and chop carrots, and mince garlic; add to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add broth, orzo, Worcestershire sauce and herbs (except parsley), bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until orzo is tender but still has some firmness, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Dice chicken and add to pot; season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in peas and parsley; heat through. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed. (Be sure to remove bay leaf before serving).
- Serve with sliced oranges.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 201mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g