Crepes are one of those very few foods that you can eat for breakfast, dinner or dessert! My sister loves to make crepes and they always turn out so delicious. So one day I watched how she made them and I realized why I thought they tasted so delicious. Butter. She swirls butter – a lot of butter – around in the pan before she pours the batter in. I could never think of them the same again. The good news is that crepes can be very healthy and still delicious.
These whole wheat crepes are the base of practically any kind of meal you want to make. Breakfast? No problem – fill with fruit and yogurt. Dinner? Perfect – fill with chicken and veggies. Dessert? Yum – fill with strawberries and Nutella. Are you drooling yet?
Combine all the ingredients……..and………..
Blend in a blender. I love my Blendtec. Make great batters!
Pour into a heated skillet (non-stick and use cooking spray) and swirl around.
Cook on each side until golden brown.
Fill with fruit and yogurt for a delicious breakfast.
You can also make a savory crepe like this recipe. Yum. Any way you do it will be delicious.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes and then blend again.
- Spray a small saute pan with cooking spray.
- Angle pan and pour enough batter on one side to thinly and evenly cover the pan. Very quickly swirl the batter around to cover the pan in one thin layer.
- Once the crepe is golden brown on one side, carefully flip it over without tearing the crepe.
- Cook for another minute on the other side until it is golden.
- Serve with yogurt and berries, strawberries or a savory chicken filling.