- 2 medium pear
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 8 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 4 slice Muenster cheese
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup shredded lettuce, green leaf
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup, chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoon feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, then scoop out the core and seeds. Place cut side down on a work surface.
- Starting ½ inch from the stem (leaving the pear intact at the stem end), cut lengthwise into thin slices; press the pear gently so slices spread out like a fan.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle pears with the honey mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove stems from the pears and separate into slices.
- Preheat panini press or heat a skillet over medium.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with mustard; layer with turkey, cheese, pears, and spinach; and add remaining slices of bread.
- Place the sandwiches in a panini press or skillet (place a heavy pan on top if using a skillet) until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Make salad by adding lettuce, blackberries, walnuts, and feta cheese to a large bowl. Add your favorite dressing and toss together.
- Serve paninis with salad on the side.
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1846mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 26g