- 1 medium lime
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 ounce white fish fillet
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 medium mango
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 medium peppers, jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Zest and juice lime into a small dish with minced garlic, coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk together. Add fish and allow to marinate for one hour.
- Place a foil or parchment-covered baking tray inside oven and preheat to 425°F. (This helps get the bread crumbs crispy.)
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside covered, once finished.
- Beat egg in shallow bowl and add breadcrumbs to a separate dish.
- Remove fish, reserving the marinade, and dip it first into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Spray the top of each piece of fish with cooking spray to help it brown.
- Transfer to the hot baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- While the fish is baking, strain the sauce into a small skillet or saucepan and bring to a rolling boil for 2 full minutes (this will kill any bacteria left behind by the raw fish).
- After the sauce has boiled, thin it out with water and/or extra lime juice to taste.
- Meanwhile, chop mango, bell pepper, red onion, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno (optional). Add to a mixing bowl with the lemon and lime juice; toss well. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the fish over a bed of rice, topped with sauce and salsa.
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 25g