- 6 pound Spiral Sliced Ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon sage, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan, fat-side up. Score the ham with cuts across the skin, about 2-inches apart and 1/2-inch deep. Then cut diagonally down the previously made slashes to form a diamond pattern. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sage in a bowl with the oil, mixing to make a paste. Rub the sage-oil all over the ham and into the slits.
- Bake the ham for 2 hours.
- While ham is baking, add all ingredients for the glaze to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Slowly cook the liquid down until syrupy; this should take about 30 minutes.
- After the first 2 hours of baking, top the ham with the tangerine glaze. Continue to cook for 1 1/2 hours more, basting with juices every 30 minutes until ham is dark, crispy, and glistening with a sugary glaze.
- Set the ham on a cutting board to rest a few minutes before carving.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 2638mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g