Sweet Pulled PorkPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9 hours
Servings: 8 1/3 cup pork, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup veggies, 1/2 cup apples
- 2 pound pork roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium apple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place pork and water in a 3-4 quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork, discard cooking liquid, then return meat to slow cooker; shred with 2 forks.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ground pepper, chili powder and cilantro. Cover and continue cooking on LOW for another hour.
- Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
- About 15 minutes before the pork is ready, Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange Brussels on a cookie sheet; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven and roast for 10-20 minutes.
- While sprouts are roasting, core and chop apples. Place in a microwave safe dish along with water, and microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Once apples are soft, mash gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork; sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.
- Serve pork on top of brown rice, with veggies and apples on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup shredded pork, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup Brussels, 1 apple).