Café Rio Shredded Pork
- 2 cup pineapple
- Place pork into slow cooker (no need to add any liquid). Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred pork in crockpot by pulling at it with two forks. Add salsa and brown sugar; mix well. Cover and cook for an additional 1 hour.
- Once you shred the pork, chop onion and spray a sauce pan with cooking spray, heating over medium.
- Add onion to pan and allow to brown, approximately 8-10 minutes. Add rice, broth, cilantro and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Turn off heat and allow to rest 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans and thinly slice bell pepper.
- Add beans, cilantro, and 1/4 of the salsa from the crockpot to another small pan. Heat the mixture over medium while mashing some of the beans. Cook 3-4 minutes until just heated.
- Lay out the tortillas (heat first if desired) and layer with lettuce, beans, a few slices of pepper, rice, and pork. Drizzle ranch over the top then roll up.
- Serve with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie