- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut sweet potatoes into medium-sized strips like French fries.
- Let potatoes soak in water for an hour (not mandatory, but recommended).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch into a plastic bag.
- Pat potatoes dry with a clean towel (if needed), then add a handful at a time to the bag with the cornstarch.
- Seal the bag and shake until the fries are all lightly coated, repeating with remaining potatoes and adding more cornstarch if necessary.
- Place cornstarch-coated fries on a nonstick cookie sheet, then drizzle oil over top and mix with your hands until well coated.
- Arrange on the sheet in a single layer with a bit of space between each fry if possible. (The more spread out the better they’ll cook; if there are too many on the tray, they won’t get as crispy.)
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes; stir and flip, then return to the oven for a bit longer if necessary until the fries are cooked to the desired doneness.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 36mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g