- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut sweet potatoes into medium-sized strips like French fries.
- Let potatoes soak in water for an hour (not mandatory, but recommended).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch into a plastic bag.
- Pat potatoes dry with a clean towel (if needed), then add a handful at a time to the bag with the cornstarch.
- Seal the bag and shake until the fries are all lightly coated, repeating with remaining potatoes and adding more cornstarch if necessary.
- Place cornstarch-coated fries on a nonstick cookie sheet, then drizzle oil over top and mix with your hands until well coated.
- Arrange on the sheet in a single layer with a bit of space between each fry if possible. (The more spread out the better they’ll cook; if there are too many on the tray, they won’t get as crispy.)
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes; stir and flip, then return to the oven for a bit longer if necessary until the fries are cooked to the desired doneness.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie