Superblue Blueberry MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 1 muffin
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/4 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 medium banana
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Add the applesauce, sugar, and eggs to a separate bowl, and whisk until fluffy.
- Mash bananas with the back of a fork then add to applesauce mixture along with the milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling each approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.