- 8 ounce manicotti pasta, dry
- 1/2 large mushrooms, portabella
- 1/8 medium onion
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice mushroom, onion, and carrot; grate zucchini, crush garlic, and roughly chop spinach.
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheeses together with the garlic and egg.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and spinach to the cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into a large zip-lock bag; seal, then cut off one corner. Squeeze filling into each cooked manicotti shell.
- Place each stuffed shell into a large baking dish, top with sauce, then bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with additional mozzarella if desired, and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots to a large bowl; top with your favorite dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 685mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g